Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let Us Protect Our Lettuce! Volunteer Needed To Cover/Uncover Lettuce Seeds Over Spring Break!



From the Food and Farming Initiative:
Thanks again to all who helped make the PS Children's Garden possible, and please see the note below from science teacher Tina Reres! It has been an amazing community effort. The kids have already planted carrots and peas and more of the beds will be filled this week with spinach and other goodies!

If you will be here over the spring break, can you help with a small task? The kids have planted lettuce in front of the school building (on the Kane Street side), and the containers must get covered by window panes at night. Is there anyone who will be here over the spring break who can lift off the panes each morning and place them back over the containers each evening? Please contact Caroline Petersen if you can handle this! Looking forward to a big salad in June!

From Tina:

Ciao,
I just wanted to THANK EVERYONE for all you have done to make our beds complete. At one point during Super Science Saturday, I looked up from my worm station and I was amazed to see the amount of parents and children standing by our beds. I thought to myself this is really happening! Nancy and I could not have done this without all your hard work and dedication. We look forward to planting in some of our beds this week and watch our garden grow.

Thank you, thank you again.
Tina